Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Back to home...

As some of you know I just recently, a year ago, moved from where I lived for 28 years in Vermont to my home town across Lake Champlain in northern New York. I have often, of late wondered why.

After a surprise divorce from someone I loved and thought I would be with forever had a restraining order put upon me and I guess had reason of her own to do so. I wallowed for a while and drank the self pity juice and the one thing that came out of it is that I went and got my commercial driver's license and went looking for a job doing something I had always wanted to do, yet never had the freedom to do driving a semi back and forth across this great country. I scoured the online ads for jobs and ended up driving to Nashville and interviewing for a job at Western Express, a national trucking company.

The hours of the driving are enjoyable as long as you provide yourself entertainment and one of the ways was music. I discovered this band one day on Sirius Radio and bought many of there CD's and this song was, and still is one that I can listen to for not only the tune, but also the words.

Maybe after hearing it a thousand time or more, I am home. Influenced by a group from Oklahoma. I don't know, but it works for me. Here it is, and listen to the words.

No comments: