Tuesday, December 1, 2009

I Own My Vote Do You?

Just wathced the president's speech and went to Fox, MSNBC, and a few others and they were all picking apart the speech and pointing out this and that they disagreed with and I am one who is sick and fucking tired of everyone picking and choosing their values on a daily basis so that they can feel better about themselves.

I voted for Barack and I own my vote. He is presented with a set of facts with which he makes decisions every day and most of the facts are unknown to you and I. I trusted him to do what he believes is right. He does not have the luxury of twisting in the wind and governing based on public opinion swayed by the media's penchant for ad dollars.

Christ almighty, grow up and own your vote.

I don't like alot of what he has been doing but I believe that there is reason he is doing what he is doing.

I always like to say to naysayer's...

I like the plan you put forth better.

STFU and read a good book!

All of this bloviating and hand wringing and posting this and that does nothing but assuage your own inability to accept your vote and own it.

I knew that when I pulled that lever and voted, I was giving him 4 years to decide what is best for our country and until his time is up and I need to decide on who is next, I am going to believe.

I have made my decision and I am sticking to it.

1 comment:

P M Prescott said...

There's a reason why I vote, it gives me a voice. If I voted for the guy who lost (or the supreme's picked over the people's wishes) I have a right to speak my mind about the way that person is fucking up. If I voted for the person fucking up I have a right to express buyers remorse. Only those who didn't vote or voted for a third party candidate that didn't have a snowball's chance in hell of winning need to stfu, because they threw their vote and voice away.