Saturday, February 14, 2009

I can see spring in the distance





Today is a bright sunny day and just got back from a walk around Mirror Lake and the ever increasingly more powerful sunlight causes me to think of the days ahead that will bring tulips shooting up out of the ground and smaller snow banks. It's not that I dislike winter its just that it is the only season when I can't play golf. And alpine skiing has gotten so expensive at Whiteface that unless you go Titus Mt. in Malone it's pretty much a twice a month thing. Sometimes, hell most times, thinking about spring is better than wet and 58 degree days interspersed with a few 65 degree sunny days that is spring in the Adirondacks.

2 comments:

One Fly said...

What a pleasant surprise I found here Russ. Outta the Cornfield has linked to you in the spirit of BAD. Keep posting. Laughed my ass off on the padlock post.

So-are you a good golfer or a shitty golfer but I guess the real question to ask is do you ever get one? Meaning a par. There's a lot of shitty golfers out there and I know that for a fact.

I've always admitted that I'm a shitty golfer but I can get the damn ball around just fine. The last three years have not played much but am really looking forward to playing a lot this year as in the past. I will get a round in next month someplace. Don't know about you but I'm very lucky in that I don't have to pay. That makes it double the fun.

P M Prescott said...

That's one of the nice things about the desert southwest. We get to golf year round. Granted the ground is like concrete right now so you have to use a funnel tee, but you get such a nice long roll and can putt from thirty yards out instead of chip.